Nicholson & Associates provides third party valuations through analyses of financial statements and intangible factors affecting a business’s value. As a business owner, you can use valuations to:
- Establish reasonable value before taking your business to market, thus avoiding unrealistic financial expectations, lost time and unnecessary legal and accounting costs.
- Justify value to a buyer to avoid selling for too low a price.
- Plan tax-efficient disposition of your estate since businesses typically represent a significant portion of net worth.
- Establish value for divorce settlements and partnership splits.
- Provide a basis for tax-deferred selling techniques such as charitable remainder trusts.
Valuation services range from simple “opinion of value” letters to formal analyses. Nicholson & Associates will help determine the best approach for your situation.