You’ve invested time. Money. Energy. Heart and Soul. The decision to sell your business is not your everyday decision. It will be life changing. It will have important financial and emotional implications. That’s why you want a partner experienced in all aspects of business sales, one that can help you with the tough decisions.
Nicholson & Associates works with you so that you can identify all the issues and make an informed decision. Among the factors to consider:
- Motivation. Reasons to sell range from burnout to divorce to the desire to enter a new field. You want to be sure selling will help you reach your next goal and is not a reaction to a short-term event.
- Timing. Are you prepared to sell now if someone makes a good offer?
- Assemble your team. Get your broker, attorney, accountant and spouse on board with your plans.
- Be realistic. Keep your emotions in check and be objective about the price you’ll be able to receive for your business and how much time a sale may take.
- Company Condition – Is your company in the condition you want it to be for a sale? Do you need to add personnel, reduce inventory, or restructure the company? Should you wait before bringing the company to market?